Search - Events
Search - Categories
Search - Contacts
Search - Content
Search - News Feeds
Search - Web Links

Q. When are my property taxes due?

A. Interim property tax bills are due the last business day of February and April.  Final property tax bills are due the last business day of July and September.

Q. What should I do if I did not receive a tax bill?

A. Interim property tax bills are mailed out at the end of January of each year and final property tax bills are usually mailed out at the end of June of each year.  If you do not receive an interim property tax bill by the end of the first week of February or a final property tax bill by the end of the first week of July of each year, contact the Tax Clerk immediately at (905) 899-3463 ext 222.
Failure to receive a tax bill does not excuse the taxpayer from the responsibility for payment of the taxes, nor relieve the owner of the liability for penalty or interest due to late payment.

Q. Does the Township offer Pre Authorized Payment Plan (PAP)?

A. Yes the Township offers two PAP options - ten month plan (February to November) or four payment plan due on tax due dates.  Forms are available on our website or at the Town Hall.

Q. My property taxes are in arrears, what should I do?

A. If your taxes are in arrears, you should contact the tax clerk at (905) 899-3463 ext 222 or the Treasurer at (905) 899-3463 ext 276 to make a payment arrangement.

A. If your taxes are two years in arrears the Township of Wainfleet may hire the bailiff to assist in collecting the outstanding amount.  If your taxes are three years in arrears, the Township will start registration process.  This could result in your property being put up for tax sale.

Q. How is my property tax bill calculated?

A. Annual taxes = property’s assessment x appropriate tax rates.

A. The Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) is responsible for determining your property’s assessment.  Contact MPAC at 1-800-296-6722 to discuss any concerns with respect to your assessment.  Tax rates are comprised of three components – Township of Wainfleet, Region of Niagara and Education tax rates.

Q. My property is farmland but my assessment shows the property as residential property?

A. If your farm property has been assessed incorrectly contact Ontario Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA) at 1-800-469-2285.

Q. How do I apply to have my property assessed as a Managed Forest or Conservation Land?

A. Contact the Ministry of Natural Resources (MNR) at 1-800-268-8959.